Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Reason 620 I Am Thankful for My Boss

Seriously, this guy gives me reasons to be thankful for him and my job every day, but today especially.

Everyone in my life has been super supportive the last 8 days because of a writing competition I'm doing. However, nobody really hears about it more than my boss. This is simply because I'm with him from 9 am to 5 pm five days a week. He's a huge part of my life, which means he also hears the majority of my complaining.

Today, just a little bit ago, I went into his office to tell him his next patient was here and also to lament how much writing I had to do today to meet my word-count. I write at work when I'm not interacting with patients or on the phone, and he knows that and has given his blessing.

But today, after I told him what my word-count was and what it needed to be, he looked at me and said "you can do it". He then went on to say that his 1 o'clock appointment would take three hours, and that I should write away because he knew I could get it done.

To know that he supports me fully and believes in me has been huge, especially today when I'm in something of a rut and funk with my writing.

So, thank you Caden. I fully believe this novel wouldn't get finished without your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment